‘There are pivot moments in life and in business where you just know – everything is about to change.’ – Rita Sallam, Gartner
‘We have moved past a pivotal 10 year tipping point in BI (business intelligence) and analytics, from reporting being IT centric to modern BI and analytics platforms’ (Gartner’s 2016 Business Intelligence Magic Quadrant). mHub are continually improving our analytics to empower all of our users and help customers stay ahead of the curve. Measurement is the cornerstone of effective change, with mHub analytics you can very quickly understand what is working and what isn’t to improve engagement and transform faster.
In this article I’d like to review some of this year’s top BI and analytics trends for 2017, identified by leading analytics software providers Tableau, and highlight what they mean for communicators and those in the business of change.
- ‘Modern BI becomes the new normal. In 2016, organizations began the shift to modern BI, the power to perform analytics from the hands of the few to many. With trusted and scalable platforms, organizations are empowering even non-analysts to explore governed data.’ mHub analytics and BI allow everyone to quickly gain insight into how their engagement strategy is working and how affective their tactical efforts are. From communicators, sales enablement specialist, health and safety managers, HR professionals to the CEO it is easy to understand the impact that information and content is having and adjust efforts to maximize performance. Demonstrate in seconds that your message has reached thousands or that your video was so compelling, 75% watched till the end. If your message didn’t make the desired impact, you know what you need to change to improve.
- ‘Collaborative analytics goes from the fringe to the core. Like many things in life, many heads are better than one when it comes to business analytics…This signals the end of an era in which information flowed in one direction.’ mHub enables easy access to the data insights everyone needs, with the click of a button you can understand how effectively you are engaging your audience without the need for IT permission and access. Collaborate and share with our Office 365 integration or discuss on your mHub app.
- ‘All data becomes equal. In 2017, the value of data will no longer be tied to its rank or size…What will count is that people can quickly and easily access the data and explore it alongside other types of data to answer business questions and improve outcomes.’
- ‘Self-service analytics extends to data prep. While self-service data discovery has become the standard, data prep has remained in the realm of IT and data experts. This will change in 2017.’
- ‘Analytics are everywhere, thanks to embedded BI. Analytics works best when it’s a natural part of people’s workflow… In 2017, analytics will become pervasive and the market will expect analytics to enrich every business process.’ mHub analytics are so simple you already understand them. They are designed to give quick insights into campaigns and the impact of comms and information, so you can make better decisions instantly, saving you time so you can get on with your work.
- ‘IT becomes the data hero. For decades, IT departments remained mired in the endless churn of building reports to support data requests from the business. Now, it’s finally IT’s time to break the cycle and evolve from producer to enabler.’ mHub data is flexible, wherever it is stored or whatever dashboard you chose, you will get the insights that matter.
- ‘People start to work with data in more natural ways. The window into our data has come a long way. Technology has replaced scripting and pivot tables with intuitive drag-and-drop interfaces. In 2017, the interface to data will start to feel even more natural, thanks in part to improvements in areas like natural language processing and generation.’
- ‘The transition to the cloud accelerates. With organizations moving their data to the cloud, the realization that analytics should also live in the cloud will become mainstream. In 2017, data gravity will push businesses to deploy their analytics where their data lives.’ CIOs are partnering with startups like mHub to harness our analytics innovation and enable everyone in the business to be more productive, all the time being sure that their information and data is safe and secure.
- ‘Advanced analytics becomes more accessible. Business users have grown more data-savvy. Advanced analytics has grown more approachable. In 2017, these two phenomena will converge as advanced analytics becomes the standard for the business user.’
- ‘Data literacy becomes a fundamental skill of the future. In 2016, LinkedIn listed business intelligence as one of the hottest skills to get you hired. In 2017, data analytics will become a mandatory core competency for professionals of all types. In the workforce, people will expect intuitive BI platforms to drive decision-making at every level.’
In this precision age of decision making everyone in the business needs to arm themselves with analytics and fast! There is a reason analytics and BI are at the top of just about every CIO, Digital Transformation and business priority list in 2017; how successfully companies harness the power of data and the speed and accuracy of their insights will have a direct correlation to competitive advantage. Make use of mHub analytics to take the guess work out of engaging and empower your people. If you are not using data to make decisions, you will either be lucky or wrong.